Send us your family and we will
post it here if you request it with only your initials or whatever.
MORGAN DAVIS ba 1829/30 marriage records state he was born in Russell
m 10 June 1847 Martha Lester ba 1824. I don't know her parent's.
children of the marriage are.
1. Nancy Davis b 1849 Russell Co, VA d 26 Feb 1874 in Johnson Co, KY
2. Henry Davis ba 1851-?unknown where born probably Russell Co. VA.
3. John Davis ba 1852-1853 according to his 2nd marriage, he born in
Russell Co. VA.
John first marriage was suppose to have been to a Betty or Lizzy
Yates, this was listed on my ggrandfather obit. in Grundy VA public
Library. My ggrandfather Leander Davis was their son.
Davis b 11 Feb 1759 Chester Co, PA RW pension S.8287
m 1. Elizabeth Stephenson@ b 15 June 1756 d 12 March 1817
m 2. 23 Oct 1817 Mary Douthat, Cabell Co, VA
d 1838 Cabell Co, VA (now W VA) bur originally at Bowen cem, Wayne
Co, VA, removed to Guyandotte cem, Huntington, W VA with DAR marker
(Children as listed in DAR applications; approved from Bible Records
that have since burned around 1922); 1783 Greenbrier Co, VA Tax List;
1793 Cabell Co, VA Tax List
1. Rebecca Davis b* 06 Jan 1786 d June 1859 (d* 15 Sept 1855 bur
Bowen French cem) *4 children
m Asa Booton b* 03 .. 1777 d* 23 May 1846 Wayne Co,
2. Benjamin S. Davis b 20 July 1781 Greenbrier Co, VA d 08 Aug 1854
Davis Springs 70y 19d
m Sarah Gilkerson d aft 12 Mar 1866/69 d/John
3. Nancy Davis ba 1783 m 1801 Rheuben (Labon) Booton, Kanawha Co, VA
(PJK) *poss. s/Lewis
4. Paul Davis b 04 Nov 1786 d 09 May 1851 Cabell Co, VA (PJK)
m 16 Jan 1809 Mary/Polly Gilkerson
5. Samuel Davis ba 1787 (on petition 1808, but not 1807 - 21 yrs
m 06 Feb 1812 Lucretia Stephenson, Cabell Co, VA (PJK)
6. William Davis b 04 Nov 1788 m 1812 Elizabeth Stephenson
7. Daniel Davis ba 1790 m Mary Douthat 23 Oct 1817, Cabell Co VA
8. Joanna Davis b 11 Apr 1793 d 01 Sept 1833 Cabell Co, VA (PJK)
m 1815 Benjamin Drown b 04 Oct 1794 d 27 May 1855
husb. m 2. ....
9. Elizabeth (Betsy) Davis unm
10. Martha Davis (Patsy) by 2nd wife (PJK)
m 10 Jan 1816 James Stephenson (from Lambert Papers,
@if you accept the DAR Bible records - at the time of pension
application he was married.
are many possible theories, one that Daniel's family moved to the safety
of Philadelphia area where he was born in Chester County, as Indians
were on war path at this time, or maybe they were just new immigrants
and he was born in route. One thing I do know of the family I have
followed; when civilization became too much for them, they moved to
ref: Dorothy Davis Smith 1998